I'm going to start practicing the art of picking stocks. Every week I'll use a simple screener and pick out 3 stocks I like. Then I'll track the performance of those 3 stocks against the rest in the screener and see if they outperformed after one month.
Here's there screener setup I've chosen:
Market cap: +$2B
Select larger companies so they're not as volatile.
Dividend Yield: Over 5%
I like dividend stocks because even if it doesn't increase in value, I still get paid dividends.
Price: Over $20
I feel more comfortable trading over $20 because they seem to be less volatile.
P/E: Under 20
I look for lower price to earnings ratios as I don't want to pay for something that's overpriced.
Analyst Recommendation: Buy or Better
This is just to make sure that I'm in the same direction as most people who listen to analysts.
EPS growth: Positive
I like companies that are growing their earnings and project to grow next year as well.
Current volume: Over 500K
Opting for higher volumes to reduce volatility.
Here's what I ended up with:
To identify my picks, I'm simply going to look for stocks that are showing divergence and then will dig in further.
Here are the ones I've found showing divergence:
BP https://www.tradingview.com/x/sEvWl3z5/
MO https://www.tradingview.com/x/i0612kF1/
Analysis on MO
https://www.tradingview.com/x/9wJxSmKw/
https://www.tradingview.com/x/66L8j1YE/
https://www.tradingview.com/x/90C954k5/
https://www.tradingview.com/x/8KaPB4ru/
Analysis on BP
https://www.tradingview.com/x/4K6zJQhZ/
https://www.tradingview.com/x/hAau7U43/
https://www.tradingview.com/x/1EicJBDl/
https://www.tradingview.com/x/tu8S4oKY/
Based on my analysis, it looks like MO has a good chance of moving up in the next month while BP is going down.
Here's there screener setup I've chosen:
Market cap: +$2B
Select larger companies so they're not as volatile.
Dividend Yield: Over 5%
I like dividend stocks because even if it doesn't increase in value, I still get paid dividends.
Price: Over $20
I feel more comfortable trading over $20 because they seem to be less volatile.
P/E: Under 20
I look for lower price to earnings ratios as I don't want to pay for something that's overpriced.
Analyst Recommendation: Buy or Better
This is just to make sure that I'm in the same direction as most people who listen to analysts.
EPS growth: Positive
I like companies that are growing their earnings and project to grow next year as well.
Current volume: Over 500K
Opting for higher volumes to reduce volatility.
Here's what I ended up with:
To identify my picks, I'm simply going to look for stocks that are showing divergence and then will dig in further.
Here are the ones I've found showing divergence:
BP https://www.tradingview.com/x/sEvWl3z5/
MO https://www.tradingview.com/x/i0612kF1/
Analysis on MO
https://www.tradingview.com/x/9wJxSmKw/
https://www.tradingview.com/x/66L8j1YE/
https://www.tradingview.com/x/90C954k5/
https://www.tradingview.com/x/8KaPB4ru/
Analysis on BP
https://www.tradingview.com/x/4K6zJQhZ/
https://www.tradingview.com/x/hAau7U43/
https://www.tradingview.com/x/1EicJBDl/
https://www.tradingview.com/x/tu8S4oKY/
Based on my analysis, it looks like MO has a good chance of moving up in the next month while BP is going down.
Comments
Post a Comment